Security Integration Case Studies
Victoria Lane Apartments
Nedax were awarded the security contract to design and install a Fully Integrated Access Control; IP Intercom and CCTV system in July 2020 and Nedax worked closely in a collaborated approach with the main contractor LT Mcguinness to provide a beautifully crafted and innovative solution with workmanship matching or exceeding recently completed contracts.
Multi discipline system incorporating Gallagher access control; Milestone VMS; Akuvox IP Video Intercom and bespoke traffic light control system utilising Banner traffic lights; Nedax designed double sided Car Coming signs and a comprehensive enterprise level managed security WAN network powered by a Eaton 48VDC subsystem.
All Apartment electronic locks are German manufactured Hafaele DT400 complete with lever hardware and mechanical key overrides and are integrated on a common access credential.
The traffic control system was especially complex with 4 entry/exits which required over 100 Gallagher logic blocks; 4 x Dual red/green traffic beacons; 8 x Dual beams sets (for vehicle direction control establishments; in ground and on ground loop presence sensors and 4 double sided LED Car Coming Signs (24 and 48vdc) with automated autogain light illumination control. Additional features included Gallagher programmed recorded audit of traffic light indicators; directional beam blocked alarms and entry/exit door dwell time cancellations after entry and exit (main entry/exit door off Victoria Street).
The Akuvox IP intercom system incorporates main entry touch screen with connectivity to 123 wall mount touch screens and Wiegand interface to Gallagher which provides timed release of main entry doors and lift floor.
Apartment displays provide inter-apartment communications and internet sourced real time local weather display information.
The Nedax designed enterprise Security WAN is especially comprehensive with 9 x 24 port Mikrotik CRS328 Managed POE Switches; 1 x CRS326-24S+2Q+RM which has 24 x 10 Gbps SFP+ ports which are dual redundant linked to the CRS328 via XS+DA0001 25Gbps patch leads. The CRS326 switch is connected to a CCR2004-1G-12S+2XS professional managed router with dual power supply ports. All IP devices are monitored for for IP connectivity and POE current draw status.
Nedax provided dual Chorus ONT,s with VPN secure encrypted communications with automated scripted backup routines and secure RDP access via a terminal server.
All networking equipment and servers are operating on a 48VDC backup subsystem.
Our Integrated Solution
Access Control and Monitoring and Control
- FT6000 x 7 with Hbus modules mounted in Nedax cabinets with custom backplanes
- T15 BLE Hbus readers x 60
- All field devices have customised EOL modules built in ( no requirement for soldered EOL devices )
Power Supplies (12VDC)
- Nedax Custom power supplies 13.6vdc Meanwell 144 Watt with independent load and battery charge circuits ; with LCD displays built in
- Automated Battery Capacity testing
- 8 Way Fuse boards with DC current monitoring per circuit using blade fuses (up to 4 x 8 way capability)
- Fire Drop Circuit built in
- Output monitoring of 230VAC; Battery condition and fuse failure (with 4k7 built in resistors) and ability to link power supplies for common monitoring
- Independent power supplies used for controllers and locking devices
- Device loading no greater than 60% of power supply capacity
50 Camera system with Milestone Professional and HLI to Gallagher
Servicing solutions beyond today's standards